Monday, April 27, 2015

XY Base Bet Card Review! #1 Venusaur



The Basics:
The Pokemon card that I want to review today is the Venusaur EX card from the XY Base Set. It is card number 1 out of 146. This is my first Pokemon card review ever, and I am excited to be doing several more of these in the future. Venusaur EX is a basic grass-type Pokemon with 180 HP. It has a weakness of x2 against fire-type Pokemon. The first attack, Poison Powder does 60 damage and it also poisons the defending Pokemon. Poison Powder takes a total of three energy cards to use, one grass-type energy and two others of any type. The second attack is Jungle Hammer and it deals out 90 damage while healing 30 damage from Venusaur EX. Jungle Hammer takes 4 energy cards to use, 2 grass-type energy cards and two of any other type. The retreat cost of this card is 4 energy cards of any type.

The Strategy:
If I were to build a deck around the Venusaur EX card I would make sure to have ample supporting Pokemon that could offer as an alternative early on during the match so you do not have to start out with Venusaur EX at the beginning of the match. I would build this Pokemon up on my bench by adding energy cards to it until I was able to use Poison Powder. Once this card is in play you must be careful not to get it knocked out because if this card is defeated your opponent will get 2 prize cards. Also, this card, unlike other EX Pokemon in the series does not have a one-hit KO attack. This can leave you vulnerable at the end of any match. Instead I would use this card to set up an even more powerful Pokemon on my bench that could deal out massive amounts of damage at the end of the match.

The Rating:
I would give this card a rating of 5/10 for an EX Pokemon Card. This is an average card that will not deal out the much needed powerful attacks at the end of the match, but it is a great card to set up a more powerful EX card for the end of the match. This card does have a high HP which is the main reason why I didn't score this a slightly below average EX Pokemon Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment