Wednesday, April 29, 2015

XY Base Set Card Review! #2 M Venusaur

The Basics:The Pokemon card that I want to review today is the M Venusaur EX card from the XY Base Set. It is card number 2 out of 146. This is my second Pokemon card review ever, and I am excited to be doing several more of these in the future. M Venusaur EX is a Mega grass-type Pokemon with 230 HP. It has a weakness of x2 against fire-type Pokemon. M Venusaur only has one attack Crisis Vine that does 120 damage, and both poisons and paralyzes the defending Pokemon. Crisis Vine takes a total of 4 energy cards, 3 grass-type energy cards and 1 of any other type of energy card. The retreat cost of this card is 4 energy cards of any type.

The Strategy:
If I were to build a deck around M Venusaur EX I would need to first have the Venusaur EX card in my deck. Because of this I would again want to have ample supporting Pokemon that could offer as an alternative early on during the match so you do not have to start out with Venusaur EX at the beginning of the match. Again I would not recommend using this card at the end of a match because it does not have a one-hit KO move like other Mega Pokemon do. Instead I would highly recommend using this card in the middle portions of the match. Its high HP allows it to take a lot of damage without being killed and its attack both paralyzes and poisons the opponents Pokemon. Those two aspects can turn easily turn the tide of a match in the users favor.

The Rating:
I would give this card a rating of 7/10 for an M EX Pokemon Card. This is an above average card that will not deal out the much needed powerful attacks at the end of the match, but it is a great card to use during the middle stages of any match to turn the tide of the match in your favor. This card does have a high HP which only adds to the reasons why I would give this card an above average rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment