Wednesday, April 29, 2015

XY Base Bet Card Review! #3 Weedle

The Basics:
The Pokemon card that I want to review today is the Weedle card from the XY Base Set. It is card number 3 out of 146. This is my third Pokemon card review ever, and I am excited to be doing several more of these in the future. Weedle is a basic grass-type Pokemon with 50 HP. It has a weakness of x2 against fire-type Pokemon. Weedle only has one attack Leaf Munch that does 10 damage, or 30 damage if the defending Pokemon is a grass-type Pokemon. Leaf Munch takes a total of 1 grass-type energy card. The retreat cost of this card is 1 energy cards of any type.

The Strategy:
If I were to use Weedle in my deck I would make sure that I had plenty of stronger Pokemon in my deck as well. Weedle would be used to set up my more powerful Pokemon. I would attempt to either evolve Weedle into Kakuna and then Beedrill. I would not use Weedle in my 60 card deck unless I had both Kakuna and Beedrill in my deck as well.  Weedle would not last long in any battle so I would put him on my bench while I attempted to evolve him into Kakuna and Beedrill

The Rating:
I would give this card a rating of 3/10 for a basic Pokemon Card. This is a below average card that will not be very useful by itself. It must have plenty of supporter cards to use along with it. This rating does not take in consideration of Weedles evolutionary chain and only focuses on Weedle as a basic type Pokemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment